Sunday, December 13, 2009

Gee I was right after all

Well after I mentioned a possible issue about playing time and got an absolute denial of the possibility, the playing time was more closely watched this week and Ben even reminded the coach during the game to get the girls all their minutes.

What's frustrating is the push back I get from just offering a "heads up". Now I'm being pretty harsh and critical. From Ben's point of view, he's got parents riding is butt all the time about playing time. I was one of the last year too. Yes... I was a bad AAU parent. But I have tried to give back by constant volunteering to help make the program go. An AAU program does not work without help from parents. I've also learned to hold my tongue more and let things work themselves out on their own. But something tells me no matter how much I volunteer, support the teams, and try to help, I'll be in Ben's "in" crowd where he'll speak more than 4 words to me without me or my wife initiating the conversation. And that's just his personality. I don't know he does it to be arrogant. But it's a "what have you done for me lately" AAU world.

No comments:

Post a Comment